Sunday 6 July 2014

Day 14: we made it!!!

Yayyy!! We made it!!! 

It was raining and very windy in Frejus, with thunderstorms forecast in Nice. Not ideal for the last day of cycling. 

I left Frejus at 8 to collect Becky from the airport. Her flight got in at 10 and without knowing the terminal I took a gamble with the car parks and lost. Oh well. Navigating through central Nice was quite difficult. 

Having found the car park and apartment we had thirty minutes to spare before the boys were due to arrive. 

I got a text from james to say they were passing the airport - my 3 mile warning. I got in position with my camera and waited for them. It was pouring with rain so only used my iPhone. 

It was great to see them coming round the corner, and they were happy and smiling despite the rain. 



I can't believe it's all over. There have been. Some epic highs and lows, in both altitude and morale. 




No comments:

Post a Comment