Thursday 26 June 2014

100 miles in one day.

Yesterday was day 4. It was so busy I didn't get chance to write!! I am still trying to get the boys to write something, it would be better than reading every thing from my perspective. Maybe James will write something for me but I am the only one who has regular internet etc... Anyway...

So, we the boys set off on their journey towards Amboise, with a patisserie stop and a lunch location decided in advance. I set off after them, and passed then on one of the roads. They shouted at me for water but it was out of reach so I couldn't. I pulled up at a parking space about 200m further down, and James and jake continued to yell at me!!! I wasn't even meant to be there and they were telling me off for something I wasn't even meant to do!! I passed them a bottle of water and then kept on going. 

We stopped in La Flèche for a coffee and cake, and then again at La Chartres sur la Loir for lunch. It was beautiful. Jake and Joe had a little nap, on the gravel, while I wandered round taking pictures. The boys had rode for 70 miles, and still had another 30 to do in the afternoon before reaching our stop for the night, in Amboise. 





The drive was lovely. Loads of stunning views and big castles. I stopped to take a photo of a chateaux, but then realised it was just some guys's house. 

I arrived in Aboise about 2 hours before the boys so started putting up tents and looking for dinner options and sortin out general admin like toilets and Internet. 

The boys were tired but in good spirits when they arrived, even with the puncture James had. 

Jake said that one small boy mistook them for the Tour de France. So that was quite funny!!

We eventually went out for dinner about 9.30, just as the sun was starting to set. The views over the river were stunning. Unfortunately I didn't take my fancy camera out to dinner with me, but I took some with my iphone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment