Friday 27 June 2014

Day 7: Friday 27th June. Getting hillier!

Ive just arrived at Manzat, where I am meeting the boys for lunch. The roads have suddenly become very steep and very windy today. It was a very hilly 40 miles and even the car struggled so I think the lads will really be feeling it. The views while driving are spectacular, but I can't help but go "oh dear God..." each time I catch a glimpse of what's to come!!

I passed them at just around the half way point for the morning, and did a quick exchange of water. Jake then shouted out that he had thrown the wrong bottle and had to back down the hill to swap with me again!!!

(They have 4 bottles each, two attached to the bike at any one time, normally one with just water and one with some energy tab or something. I swap the bottles over with fresh ones at lunch, or give them a top up or quick change if I pass them en route. 

The first part of this trip was really hot, with cloudless skies. It's been cloudier yesterday and today, which they will be pleased about. But it chucked it down yesterday evening so that's not great. 

I've got our b&b sorted for Clermont Ferrand this evening - I can't wait!!!! Not tent and cooking admin, and the boys can all have ice baths and use some wifi. 

Right. I'm parked up in Manzat now. Going to have a look around, scout out a picnic spot then take some pictures. I have good internet signal here, so if I spot something good I'll post it!!

I'm absolutely overwhelmed that we have reached £1000 now too. The guys can't quite believe it either, and it really is a great source of encouragement. So thank you once again xx

No comments:

Post a Comment